Minnesota Orchestra

Previous Posts

Archives

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Blog Policies

Sarah Hicks and Sam Bergman

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Ensign Hicks To The Bridge!

In case anyone was in doubt about the lengths to which Sarah will go in fulfilling the duties of her assistant conductorship with our orchestra, the following cell phone photo, which I took backstage tonight during our pops concert, should serve as verification...


Yes, that is Sarah, wearing a Starfleet uniform, holding a tribble in her baton hand, and making the international sign for "I am a dweeby nerd." And yes: she was wearing this on stage, during the show, in full view of 2,450 people.

The best part, though, was when I stopped by her dressing room at intermission, as she had just finished changing into the Enterprise garb. At the sight of my raised eyebrow, she asked, "What? Does it look dorky?"

I just don't know how to even begin to answer that one...

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

it was a rhetorical question, really...and, Sam, I've kept a Tribble for you!

February 3, 2008 at 1:10 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Excellent. My plan for galactic domination can now proceed...

February 3, 2008 at 1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, you look great! Are you a bridge officer or in the education department?

Did the Tribbles sing along?

What fun!

February 6, 2008 at 4:10 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I don't know about the singing, but they seemed to multiply over the course of the intermission - when I left the podium after the first half, there were maybe 2 of them on my music stand, and by the beginning of the second half there were at least half a dozen!

February 6, 2008 at 4:53 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 6, 2008 at 4:53 PM  
Anonymous Cameron said...

You look so natural in your Star Trek uniform! ;-)

I'm looking forward to seeing the film (and hearing the music) on Thursday.

A horn player friend of mine (in Kansas City) warned me that the volume was WAAAY too loud in the theater where she saw the movie a few days ago. Was that your experience too?

Sincerely,
Cameron Kopf
horn, freelance in Northern CA

May 12, 2009 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

cameron, it definitely was loud, but i always wear my special musician's earplugs to concerts and movies. highly recommend earplugs for this one!

May 18, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home