Minnesota Orchestra

Previous Posts

Archives

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Blog Policies

Sarah Hicks and Sam Bergman

Thursday, February 5, 2009

More Japanese madness

Ever since I posted my "Vegetabulous" videos I occasionally receive YouTube links to further musical silliness, most often of the Japanese variety (and, oh, my friends, there is no shortage of it...).

My latest submission:



The crux of the drama being what kind of rice to choose with the "breakfast set" (white or "mixed" - with meat/veggies/flavoring mixed in). The side dishes sound "gorgeous"! But wait, there's a third option, rice with mushroom ("mattake gohan"), which sounds delicious, but there are only two servings. No problem, Mom and Daughter will share, so they can have both white and mushroom rice. But this makes Dad a little envious, what shall we do? Fate seals the decision; breakfast time is over, declare the servers, lunch will begin soon!

Who comes up with this stuff??

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Y'know, there are times when I'm not so sure that your bilingualism is such a positive thing for our blog readers...

February 5, 2009 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

awww, come on, who else would find these ridiculous videos? and i like that the conductor is wearing an unkempt barrister-style wig...

February 5, 2009 at 10:26 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Okay, I'll admit I liked that, too. He looked like a Japanese Rumpole of the Bailey...

February 5, 2009 at 11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Sarah, this is funny and crazy and I love it! And I agree with you; I myself will have no way to find videos like this on Youtube -- with Japanese craziness, Beethoven, and singing combined! Thanks for sharing! I'd LOVE to hear more Japanese stories from you! (I myself am a big fan of yours and I'm originally from Hong Kong.)

February 6, 2009 at 8:23 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

thanks, lydia, i'll take that as more encouragement to keep up with my installments of zany japanese videos!

February 6, 2009 at 4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home