Minnesota Orchestra

Previous Posts

Archives

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Blog Policies

Sarah Hicks and Sam Bergman

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Heaven 'n' Hell

A stunning video installation in the elevator of the Standard Hotel in NYC by artist/director Marco Brambilla, depicting an eye-popping journey from hell to heaven:



It's positively Boschian (with Brueghelic undertones!), and I love that Stravinsky was chosen as the soundtrack - it's looped and manipulated, of course, but very well done, seamless.

A more hi-def version can be found here for your viewing pleasure, and worth watching to catch the profusion of images - it's ridiculously replete with pop-culture references - see if you can spot Michael Jackson...

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Um, this is in an ELEVATOR?! I would not want to ride up to my room with that. I'll take the old Tom & Jerry cartoons in the Parker Meridien's elevators...

June 18, 2009 at 4:31 PM  
Anonymous princetrumpet said...

Boschian with Breughelic undertones?

Remind me never to be near you when you order wine, Sarah. Excuse me, I have to go hunt something and kill it with my bare hands now.

June 18, 2009 at 4:49 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

princetrumpet, one of my favorite wine commentaries (not mine!): "yeasty, with a hint of body musk". ick.

June 19, 2009 at 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home