Minnesota Orchestra

Previous Posts

Archives

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Blog Policies

Sarah Hicks and Sam Bergman

Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year's Weekend: A Retrospective


New Year's Eve at the Dakota with Irvin Mayfield, Artistic Director of Jazz at Orchestra Hall. Great tunes, great band (Vincent Gardner!) and some fantastically funny commentary from Irvin. The show was broadcast live on "Toast of the Nation" on NPR, and Irvin opens with, "Everybody who's out there listening on National Public Radio, we're all butt-nekkid right now at the Dakota, make some noise!!" (No-one was, I assure you - it was -5F outside!!).


New Year's Day at Sam's, a gathering to watch the Winter Classic (oh, Flyers, why do you disappoint me so?). Not pictured; the ridiculously delicious (and gut-stretching) poutine that Sam made. Pictured; Eagles Jenga (I'm not kidding. A shout out to the Philadelphia in-laws for a most creative stocking-stuffer).

And speaking of football...

January 3rd at the Metrodome, watching my first live Vikings game. Had a fantastic time, and particularly enjoyed singing the Vikings fight song half a dozen times. I'm thinking of reharmonizing and resetting the tune, maybe in the style of Schütz. Or perhaps Krenek. (I know, my inner music nerd emerges at the weirdest times...).

Also, check out my Twin Cities entertainment picks for 2010.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Wow. My place looks so classy...

January 4, 2010 at 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home