Minnesota Orchestra

Previous Posts

Archives

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Blog Policies

Sarah Hicks and Sam Bergman

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sounds of Silence

Everybody loves a good Hallelujah Chorus, especially at this time of year. And if there's anything more uplifting than listening to the most famous movement of Handel's Messiah, it's singing it yourself! But what if you're a devout monk (I know, I know, but stay with me) who's taken a lifelong vow of silence? Must you deprive yourself of this most simple and pure of Christmas traditions?

...Not anymore!



That is just purely brilliant. A big hat tip to my friend Susie Telsey (she's the spangly bassoonist in last week's Christmas music post, btw) for sending this my way...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I laughed, I cried, it was better than "Cats".

December 17, 2009 at 2:13 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

...it was better than "Cats"

That's setting a pretty low bar, don't you think?

December 17, 2009 at 2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard I burped!

(is that higher?)

December 22, 2009 at 6:50 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

dunno, i think "cats" was pretty great...

December 23, 2009 at 1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home