Minnesota Orchestra

Previous Posts

Archives

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Blog Policies

Sarah Hicks and Sam Bergman

Monday, November 30, 2009

Cool new stuff

I'm always on the prowl for cool new stuff, and the Eigenharp certainly fits the bill. It takes the idea of a composite instrument and takes it to a new level (the range of sounds seems limitless) - I especially like that sensors in the mouthpiece are sensitive enough to pick up tonguing which can then be translated into articulations on any instrument. (And the Apple geek in me loves that it only runs on Macs).

How much fun would it be to play around with one? Anyone out there have one and wanna lend it to me (hey, a girl can dream...)?

Check out this demo:




(A shoutout to Tony Tompkins for turning me on to this while selling me a gym membership. Now that's good salemanship.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home