Minnesota Orchestra

Previous Posts

Archives

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Blog Policies

Sarah Hicks and Sam Bergman

Thursday, December 6, 2007

We Accept!

Well, as of a few hours ago, we are officially your Grammy-nominated Minnesota Orchestra! The list of noms came out this afternoon (not that we were sitting around waiting for it, you understand... ehrm... well, maybe we were just a little bit...) and our recording of Beethoven's 9th Symphony made the list for Best Orchestral Performance. We're hardly the frontrunners - that dubious honor would probably go to the Nashville Symphony, whose recording of a new Joan Tower piece co-commissioned by a gigantic consortium of orchestras from all 50 states has been getting the full-on salivatory treatment from the arts press in recent months. But hey, it's our first nomination in one of the "major" categories in quite some time, and it's for a recording that I genuinely loved making, and that's enough to get me excited.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Aww, you guys do us proud! Congratulations!

December 7, 2007 at 7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news - I love the recording. I'd vote for you if I could!

December 8, 2007 at 9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've already won in my book! I love that recording and am looking forward to more (and more nominations!). Cinda

December 8, 2007 at 4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard the 9th live and tears ran down my cheeks it was so amazing! I have given many signed CD's of the 9th to friends all over the world and as one said, "Cool, very cool...incredible gift." So many wonderful comments before the nomination came! Now they are all waiting for the Grammy's proud to have their signed copy! It is a winner!
Thank you Osmo and this great Orchestra making Minnesota proud!
K ~

December 28, 2007 at 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home