Minnesota Orchestra

Previous Posts

Archives

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Blog Policies

Sarah Hicks and Sam Bergman

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Elgar, grits, and such

Random thoughts of the day:

1) Upon meeting someone in front of the South Carolina State House, I'm asked "What do you do?"
"I'm a conductor"
"Is that with an orchestra?"
"Yes it is, in fact, I'm conducting a concert here on Saturday night."
"Are y'all playing Enigma Variations by Elgar? That's my favorite song!"

Never mind that they called it a song, not a piece - it's both surprising and delightful to hear things like this.

2) The delectable-ness of shrimp and grits owes more to bacon and butter than to the shrimp and grits.

3) There are an extraordinary number of people in a hotel fitness room at 9 o'clock at night (perhaps connected to the aforementioned shrimp and grits?).

Being on the road is absolutely fascinating.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shrimp and grits -- yeech! I prefer my grits either with cheese or plain (cooled in a pan, cut in rectangles, and pan fried lightly, thank you).

January 17, 2008 at 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home