Minnesota Orchestra

Previous Posts

Archives

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Blog Policies

Sarah Hicks and Sam Bergman

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Last push

Wednesday afternoon before the first show on "Inside the Classics" weeks is always a bit of a mad rush to the finish line. The hardest part of it for me is to get a feel for the flow of the show before we actually perform it once - when we rehearse these concerts, we rehearse the musical excerpts and the featured piece, but we never get a chance to do it with the script and whatever shenanigans we're up to. So, my afternoon pre-concert is spent running and re-running the show in my apartment - and if there's no-one else home, I'll do the script out loud.

When my brain gets weary of repeating the same complicated paragraph for the umpteenth time, I entertain myself with random YouTube searches; here's my current obsession:



I know, I know, I've got an odd sense of humor...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Random fact: I believe that musical excerpt is from the film score of Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein. That's the bit that accompanied something "scary" happening, like when they first showed the castle where Frankenstein would work, and when the monster's hand moved for the first time in coming back to life. (Odd sense of humor? What's that...)

November 19, 2008 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

i love love love that film! "frau blucher"! and "hump, what hump?" i'll have to watch it again and to listen to the "scary" music.

November 20, 2008 at 12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that gets funnier each time you watch it. Amazing!

November 20, 2008 at 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home